Home|Blog|5 Tips for Songkran Festival In Thailand
8 May · admin · No Comments
5 Tips for Songkran Festival In Thailand
1. Protect yourself – Remember that there is no exemption to get wet during the celebration. In fact, even kids are having fun refreshing themselves on water. The best way to arm yourself is to buy a water gun or bring water containers so that you will not just take the water from participants but drench against them as well. Yet, make sure the water gun is cable of shooting long distance and has a huge reservoir.
2. Buy protection for your phone – If you wish to bring your phone camera to capture fun moments with natives, then you should invest for protection. Or, it would be practical if you choose a disposable waterproof phone instead. In this way, you can bring captured pictures back home without having your phone in trouble.
3. Avoid big roads – In case the event starts and still you’re not yet in the place you used to stay, better avoid big roads for participants are in huge streets and will sure enjoy seeing every passerby to throw water to.
4. Dress accordingly – There is no dress code for such event. So, leave your pants and shoes at home and wear something contemporary to the participants. T-shirts and a pair of short are definitely perfect for such water splashing celebration. But before you forget, take note of the color of your shirt as it tends to become see through when wet.
5. Leave your valuables at home – If you wish to accessorize yourself with jewelries better don’t. Better leave them at home as they may get lost during the water fight event. As for gadgets, better not bring them as they might get damaged as soon as the participants start the water ritual.